Our team were recruited into the Council’s Healthy Waters Team to provide project management and Engineer’s Representative support for the construction phase of the Awakeri Wetlands Project. This project is a component of a $100M investment to unlock flood prone, peaty rural land around Takanini, South Auckland for housing development.
Auckland Council procured construction of the wetland channel through an NZS 3910 contract with McKenzie & Parma.
The project includes the construction of the following works:
- 2.3 kilometre open stormwater wetland channel
- Large scale earthworks in a waterlogged peat swamp
- 7-metre-deep impervious curtain wall
- Road culverts, weirs and fish passages
- Stormwater connections for neighbouring land development
- 3.3km footpaths and 7 boardwalks
- Ecosourcing and planting of 200,000 native plants
Client: Auckland Council
Completed: August 2018